Can't see the Forest for the Trees

You know how you hear a saying
repeat it, use it, but never really think it completely through
or maybe that's just me.
I mean yeah.
You can't see the forest for the trees.
I got it.
Being so deep into it
that you just can't see it
unless you step back and look.
I've been laying around on the sofa the last few days,
doing half sit-ups as I cough myself crazy.
I don't usually just lay around but I'm trying to force myself to rest.
Munching on toast and sipping tea
and thinking.
I forced myself to get on the computer and just see what's going on.
I left a few rambling comments
on a couple of blogs in a cold medicine-induced state.
Jeez.
Anyway, as I lay on the sofa, I watch Ruby wobble across the floor
and then stop and bark and kinda do a dog-jump at one of the cats.
She studies herself and then walks over to a dog bed.
She gets in, turns round and lays down with her tongue hanging out
as it does almost all the time now 
and she and I exchange looks.
She seems to be doing good today.
A bit sassy.
That's a good sign, I guess, although I'm not to let her stress herself too much.

But last Tuesday night she wasn't stressed at all.
Just standing by the water bowl 
and suddenly she staggered and fell over.
I picked her up and held her, slowly cleaning her face as I talked to her
and her eyes slowly came back into focus and she was back.
I set her down and she walked off like nothing had happened.
Then the next morning, I noticed that her front feet were kinda curled
and she was standing on her "ankles".
But then, after a bit, she was again walking normally.

I think about what the different vets and technicians have told me.
Lots of information and details.
I think about statements that have been made to me 
and me with more questions and they with more answers.
It's like standing in a forest and all the questions and answers are the trees crowded around me

and if I step back
the real answer is like seeing the forest from a distance.

I'm finally thinking with clarity.
She's got a heart condition.
She's on medication for it.
They will only work for so long and then they won't.
and that's that.
I realize now that I've just kept asking questions
Because I've been hoping for a different answer.