I'm Back!....Let's talk about Online Dating.

I'm back to blogging.
I'm not done with my list but I'm to a point where I feel I can ease back
and write.
I have a lot of things to "talk" about.
But tonight I will just do a quick weird tale.

A woman I work with has started "online dating".
First she met this guy and they were exchanging texts and she would come back to my work area and have me read them.
She was gushing and giggling as I read what this guy had written to her.
My first response was to say - "Puke" but instead I just said -
"Ah huh, ok. I'm glad you're happy but be careful"
"What?" she looked disappointed. 
So I just said, "Don't you watch Dateline? This guy kinda sounds like someone off of that show".
She protested and I told her that she can do a background check online.
She just shook her head in protest.
She text me later that she might meet him and I said if she did and he tried to take her to a room covered in plastic, to turn and run.
She didn't think that was funny
and I told her I wasn't trying to be funny.
The next day she came back and read me more texts. 
I said to her "Have you ever seen Catfish?" 

So she rented to movie and it scared her but she still wouldn't listen to me.
Finally I said to her "Listen! if you call me from the trunk of a car, I will just scream I TOLD YOU SO! and hang up."
Ultimately she somehow got his drivers license number and found that the person he said he was, didn't exist.
I refrained from telling her, "I told you so!"

Now she's meet someone else. 
He's wonderful and they have talked marriage.
They've known each other for two weeks............

Today, after working all morning and into early afternoon at the kennel
I came home and dropped into a chair. 
The dogs ran around and played as I checked my Facebook page. 
On the sidebar was this dating site.
I thought, what the hell! and clicked on it.
It asked a few very random questions.
Mostly what is most important me in a "mate"
What makes for a good relationship.
Why I'm make a good partner
and what makes me not so good.
I was brief.
Mentioning the basics I'd want in a partner - kind, compassionate, hardworking and a dry sense of humor.
The not so good stuff about me - I hate Sports and I don't cook.
Then all these photos popped up with little blurbs.
I sat there sipping my pop and clicking through the images
and like most of my Internet searches about anything....
I got off track and went to another website.
Finally I found someone that seemed to meet my requirements.
I had drifted to Petfinder.
True Story.