A Sweet Story and a Gift-Card!

I've been a bit...I don't know,
not blue or sad exactly...
Definitely not depressed
but kinda exhausted I guess, worried about my Ruby
and then due to current events
I'm in the RED.
The other day, I was going through my purse
which is a mess of receipts and things
and I came across a gift-card that I've been carrying around since the Christmas
before LAST.
It's a Marshall's gift-card.
I admitted to friends on FB that I had never been to the store
and I instantly received so many shocked comments!
Apparently I have been missing out on something Grand.

I got this card from a client whose little dachshunds I take care of in my boarding kennel.
She told me a story about her little ones.
Evidently there are three words that can not be spoken to them at her home or they go crazy.
Those words are:
Treat, Walk and Cindi.
She said she will usually let them out her front door and they will run for the car
without a leash.
So one day she was leaving the house with them and as they were running across the yard towards the car they suddenly saw the mailman across the street.
She said they turned and started to run towards him and she was so frightened that she screamed the first thing that came to her mind.
"Cindi!"
and they stopped and looked at her and she called out to them again-
"Let's go see Cindi!" and they ran to the car.
She told me that the mailman was chuckling and came over and said
"I don't know who this Cindi is but she must be something!"
and she told him that I was.
Isn't that just the sweetest story!
How kind of her to tell me that. It makes up for the not so fun days.
Then she gave me the gift-card.
That's how I had a card to a store I've never been to.

So I drove over there and walked inside and looked around and thought "WOW!"
I saw so many things I'd like to have.
I walked past some bright fun tennis shoes
and then over to the cooking/dish area.
There was one of those big cast iron "French Oven" things, Le Creuset?
that was the color of my kitchen.
It would look so nice displayed on my white rack.
Then to the bath and bedding area.
Thick luxurious towels in the turquoise blue color of my bathroom
by Ralph Lauren!
and stacks of white rugs
and then I spied a duvet cover and spams
in white with touches of silver grey and dashes of light yellow
and finally white ruffle pillows that would be perfect against my black sofa.
Oh! what to buy?
I walked up and down the aisles and suddenly I saw it.
My decision had been made.
A HUGE memory foam dog bed
for Blue's old joints.

I am very Happy to have gotten that gift-card!
and Blue will be too....

as soon as Hattie gets off of it!