HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN?!

I was so looking forward to this extra hour.
Daylight Savings Time, Wahoo!
How could I have forgotten that last year it took the dogs a few WEEKS to get into the time change groove.
At 4:30 AM this morning I could hear Blue pacing.
His nails clicking on the wood floor.
I felt, rather than saw him come to the side of the bed and stare at my face.
I couldn't open my eyes, if I did that, game over.
If he knew I was awake he'd gallop for the door and wake them all up.
So kept my eyes closed and tried to will both myself and him back to sleep 
but then he hit the door a couple of times with his paw.
Maybe he's got an upset tummy, I thought. 
Last night he vomited up his dinner but he seemed fine later..but maybe he was sick again.
Great Dane vomit. or worse yet, Great Dane poop would not be something I'd want to be cleaning up.
Especially at 4:30 in the morning.
So I sat up and everyone started barking in excitement.
Downstairs they ran and I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to bed.
Once I'm up, I'm up and besides it was actually 5:30 if not for the time change.
After everyone had pottied, they ran around the living room knocking down pillows and being rowdy.
I made some coffee and sat down to the computer.
A little bit later I look over and there they were....

Lazy bones!

I made some breakfast and answered early morning texts from other people who know I'd be up
and I cruised around on some new blogs.
The sun is coming in now and Charlie wants out on the porch that is crammed full of all the garden things that I dragged in from the yard.
That's my project for today.
To clear out the porch and to rearrange my furniture again.
I have so many plants that I've brought in from the cold and I need a place to put them until Spring.
When this chore is done I'm usually happy because my tiny space looks like a greenhouse
but placement is crucial so that the cats don't feast on them
or the dogs try to dig in the dirt.
Yep, that's how I'm spending this day.
And I have some wicked satisfaction of sweet revenge because Charlie keeps hitting the doorknob
in his effort to get out to the porch.

The sound of it is like someone trying to get inside
and it wakes the dogs!
Ha!