WHENEVER

Whenever
Don't tell me whenever.
Because whenever will take a good long time
and because whenever could become never.
Well maybe not never, I usually will do it, eventually
but I will wait until the last minute.
What in the Hell am I talking about?
Oh, a commissioned painting.
You need to tell me when you need it by.
After the last painting that I did for someone at work
I still had another co-worker who had asked me to do a painting of her dog.
A dog that has passed on and whom I had never met.
But this co-worker said that "whenever" was fine.
So I got my Christmas projects done
and now my co-worker is about a month away from giving birth.
So I guess Whenever is here.
I knew for a while that I had better get it in gear.
I had been doing a little bit at a time.
I like to paint in the day time when the sun is shining in the windows and the light is really good.
I hate trying to do it at night next to a lamp...
So that just leaves me the weekends
and, I'm finally done.
Here's the photo:

and here's the painting -