My Question for Today....

Why are people who rescue dogs called "Rescuers"
and people who rescue cats are more often called "Crazy" as in Crazy Cat Lady?
Just wondering.
It seems like strangers are more interested in talking to each other about their dogs
and yet get this guarded look about them when someone talks about their cat.
Even if they own a cat.
I mean, I've done it.
I've been at a check-out and had a cashier ask me how many cats I have as she's rung through my cat items
(food, litter, toys) and as I felt the stare of a customer behind me, I found myself saying...three.
Which is true, I own three.
Yeah.... OK, I have MORE than three but I do have three.
Of course in all fairness if someone asks me about what kind of dog I have,
I usually reply with the breed of whoever I am buying for at the moment.
"Oh, A Great Dane" as I buy the 40lb. bag of food.
"Oh, a Poodle" as I buy a little bed.
"Oh a little white fluffball". when I buy tiny sweater.
"Oh a Border Collie" when I buy a Frisbee.
"Oh a terrier mix" when I buy a guaranteed indestructible dog bone.
But really, people smile when I say I have a small herd of tiny dogs.
and yet they raise their eyebrows when I reply that I can count my cats on all my fingers.
Maybe I'm just defensive because the other day someone said I was a crazy cat lady at work.
I bit my tongue and held back mean retorts and
fought the urge to point out out that a couple of them actually live at the clinic

and just replied, Yep.
Still, it really bugged me.