Ruby, her Heart and the Van saga continues...

Do you ever share something on your blog and then when something else happens you feel you must share that too.
Because it's part of the story?
But you are worried that people are yawning and nodding their heads and thinking enough already!
So, here's the very last of the van saga and then I will move onto something much more serious.
Like my Ruby.
I took my Ruby with me to work today. I know that she's got some heart issues, she's on medication for it.
But I thought I heard a rattling in her chest and...well, something just didn't seem right.
I'm pretty focused on just her right now.

When I get to work this morning and there's a phone call up front in the office for me from the car dealership.

Now they want me to pay out of pocket for the towing.
Everything the guy said to me over the phone I repeated firmly and slowly back to the girls in the office as they stared at me with widened eyes.
"So you want me to pay out of pocket for the towing and then send in the receipt to the warranty place and be reimbursed?"
The guy replies, "Yeah. YES."
So, I tell him "Noooo. YOU need to send in your receipt and let them reimburse YOU"
He states that he told them that and they refused.
"So, you told them to reimburse you and they refused?" I repeat.
"Yes" he replies.
"OK", I tell him matter-of-factly. "Give me the phone number and the name of the person you talked to"
He hesitates and then gives me the info.
I went back to my office area and call the warranty place and talk with them.
Then I call the guy back, and it goes right to his voice-mail, so I leave him a message to email me.
He does and I send an email back to him as follows:

(Insert Guy's Name Here.) -
I spoke to Blank of Blank.
I told them how the battery light had been on in my van and how worried I was driving it, especially in this weather so I brought it to YOUR DEALERSHIP and was told it was fine.
I told them how the next day as I drove to work on River Drive, that my windshield wipers stopped and I could barely see.
I told him how the heat and radio suddenly stopped and how then the engine light came on.
I told them how terrified I was that I wouldn't make it to work and how I called YOUR DEALERSHIP, in a panic and afraid to drive it anywhere else.
So you guys called a towing company.
I told them that I hadn't even been sure that I had towing but that I was sure YOUR DEALERSHIP would have covered it, given the fact that I had been there THE DAY BEFORE!
anyway, he asked what the problem was
and I told him that you said I needed to pay the towing and I'd then be reimbursed but I thought that YOUR DEALERSHIP should send in the receipt and be reimbursed. and he agreed.
He said to mail this info to them:
my member #
the original receipt
and an explanation as to why they were not called.
then send it to:
Blank Blank Motor Club
Customer Claims Dept.
Blank Corporate Blank Drive
Suite # Blank
Miami, FL 33126

personally...I can't believe you are making me do all this legwork for you.
and to think that I had planned to purchase a Honda from you guys once I paid off this dumb van. Ha!
Jeez, if I had gotten into an accident because I could not see to drive with the bad weather and no wipers
I would have called my step-mothers attorneys, who she works for, and sued YOUR DEALERSHIP ass off.

So that's how my day started,
The guy did get back to me via email. 
Basically saying sorry for the mis-communication and "Thanks Again"

Blah, Blah
So, now back to Ruby
They ran an EKG
Did x-rays. 
I told my vet about the rattling, I had him press his fingers on the side of her chest to feel the vibrations.
I tell him about the constant dark discharge from her eyes and how I have to carefully wipe her face so as not to excite her and bring on a "Spell".
I tell him how I can't give her bathes anymore because she becomes too upset and her tongue comes out and turns blue and she appears to be not breathing.
He looked her over and studied her x-ray and didn't seem overly concerned and said to just continue with the meds she's on.
While he attended to another client I told the techs that I wanted bloodwork done.
All the techs crowd around her, stroking her, calming her while they get blood.
She does fine.
My vet comes into the lab area and we tell him that we are running her bloodwork.
I'm holding her and she's calm.
One of the techs offers to trim her nails and gently takes a hold of her foot.
She hasn't even brought the clippers close and Ruby's tongue is blue.
I look at the tech and ask her "Does it look blue?"
and then it turns bluer and then it suddenly purple blue.
I turn and quickly move towards Doc and suddenly she's peeing. 
I'm holding her straight out away from me so that she's not urinating all over me. 
Doc said for them to get some of the urine, run a sample.
We rush her to the table.
For a moment my head is swirling around the room.
I can't focus.
I look down and the tech said she's breathing again. 
Doc is listening to her chest, her heart has dramatically slowed.
He says to run an EKG again and we hurry into the surgery room and hook her up and also start giving her oxygen.
Her color starts to return to pink.
One of the techs said that she had a mini heart attack but in dogs, they call it something else.

Now they are researching what other medications they can add it to what she's already taking.

................seriously, 2014 is really sucking so far.