RED, WHITE and BOOM and a very short video of the FLOOD.

For the last 10 years there has been a Fourth of July celebration called
"Red, White and Boom".
They set off fireworks from a barge on the Mississippi so that both sides of the Quad Cities can enjoy it.
I live on the Illinois side but I work on the Iowa side of the river in Davenport, Iowa.
Due to the flooding they decided to set the fireworks off of the Centennial Bridge
but were unable to get permission from the D.O.T.
So it was cancelled. 
There were still many celebrations around the various towns,
to say nothing off all the illegal fireworks going off in the neighborhoods.
I stayed home with my stressed out dogs but I saw a few from my living room window.
I wanted to share this video that I came across of Davenport.
it's only 2 minutes and it focuses on downtown and the ballpark.
Under some of that water is the road that I usually drive on to get to work.
Yep, I've had to find a new route for the time being.
The last I've heard was that the river was 20 feet over flood stage.
But luckily it's been going down about a foot a day.
So here's the video, to give you a little idea of what it looks like where I live:


Quad Cities aerial flood footage from MotionSix Creative on Vimeo.