How was your Holiday Weekend?

How was your weekend?
I worked Saturday and Sunday.
It was a total madhouse, filled to the brim with pets.
Lots of big rowdy dogs and lots of special need animals.
A 15 year old Vizsla who wobbled as he walked so we have to lay down yoga mats for him so that he didn't slip on the floor.
Then there's the ancient Pugs.
The Chihuahua with a heart condition
and the diabetic cat that needs her insulin.
Yep, pretty much a typical weekend. LOL!

When I wasn't at work, I was at home working on the yard.
I got all my garden stuff out of storage.
My birdbath.

I LOVE that thing.
The glaze on it formed a "moon".
A wonderful accident. 
When I saw the birdbath a few years back at the Garden Center, I had to have it.
(the fact that it was marked down for an End of Summer Sale sealed the deal.)
But my astrological sign (if you believed that sort of thing) is ruled by the moon.
and then my name means Moon Goddess.
So yeah, I love it.

I also got this fountain at another End of Summer Sale.

So many people have walked by my house and commented on it.
I like the soft sound of water.

Last Fall I dug up my front yard that was a huge mass of perennial flowers and I put down grass seed.
This Spring I had to buy a lawnmower!
I haven't had one for years, I just got by with a weed-whacker.
I found this electric one on Amazon and yesterday it worked wonderfully!

It has a little grass catcher that attaches to the back and I had to empty it a couple of times but
I was in Heaven.
The smell of fresh cut grass is one of my favorite scents of all time.

I made two BIG flowerbeds that I will show later when the flowers have grown.
I dragged a big wood workbench out of the basement and up the cellar steps and across the patio.
I'm going to make it into a potting bench.
I hung up new line on my clothesline that I put in last Fall.
I was outside non-stop.
My neighbor (the nice one) came out several times each day to do yard things and commented about how I had to be exhausted.
He just doesn't know how I do it, he said.
I laughed and said that I just have to.
But then I got to thinking about a comment a mother of a friend of mine had said many many years ago.
She had shook her head at her daughter and me as we left to go work out.
She thought we were foolish and wasting our money.
She said she got her exercise taking care of the house.
She said cleaning and tending to her SEVEN kids kept her fit.
But her point was, keep busy and take care of what needs to be done
and it might just be all the exercise a person needs.
That's how I'm going to view it from now on.
It's my exercise.

Tonight, I'm exhausted
and HOT. 
The temperature shot up and it's muggy.
We are all hot.
Poor Ghost was laying in front of the window hoping to catch a breeze.

So, that's how my holiday weekend went.
How was yours?