I FOUGHT THE LAWN AND THE LAWN WON.


Summer is of course a very busy time at my job.
My Boarding Area is packed but that's good.
Busy + Waiting List = Job Security. 





But it does leave me exhausted and no energy to get stuff at home done.
I've shared photos before of my yard and right afterward I got a lot of it mowed down
but I didn't tackle the area of the hill.
Too Hot + Too Tired = No doing it.
And then it's rained several times.
A couple of days ago I walked down to the top of the hill again.
I just stood there looking at it.
I'm not even upset.
OK yeah, I WAS, but no, not any longer.
Nope, I'm NOT going to let it drive me crazy.
But..these weeds are TALL..
I mean like 4 feet.
This one is even taller than that.

So...I'm done.
My niece Lily is coming over tomorrow and we are going to clear just the top part.
Then we are putting up a fence.
Yeah, that's my usual M.O.
If I can't deal with something, then block it out and try to forget it.
I do have BIG plans for the top area now though.

PLAN C -
I'm fencing it in and lining it with flowers and making it into a big outside room.
Painted picnic table, birdbaths, fairy garden, fire-pit area...yep, things like that.
PLAN D -
Or buying a big discounted pool and surrounding it with pea gravel.
PLAN F -
Or maybe a horse trough/stock tank for a MODERN effect.

Maybe not.
But...I DONE with that damn hill.